Imagine a place that you would like to spend time. Think about the colors and shape of the objects that are in this space, are they inviting as well. If not, find something inviting to replace them.
Now, imagine just the opposite. Think of a space that is completely repelling. Fill the imaginary space that with things that make you uncomfortable.
Do 2 sketches for each of these spaces (total of 4 as a minimum). For each of your sketches, make notes about the color, line and texture as they all play a part of creating the space. Also note the objects that you will bring in to use for this project. You should make the majority of your objects.
You will actually be creating a 3-D space 5 inches big.
Below you will find a link to a video demonstrating 1-point perspective that I found on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEymIyLbiAI
Making paper into a box
When grading, I will be looking for:
- Did you effectively use the space?
- Are you adequately using the space or is the box filled with 2-D objects?
- Is it organized for the most impact?
- Is there a foreground, middle, and background.
- Are the textures, lines, and colors aiding in communicating the idea of a repelling or inviting space?
- Will others understand what you are communicating?
- Quality of craftsmanship. (cutting, gluing, painting, building, etc.)
- Is this environment unique?
- How challenging were the objects you made?
-Did you find an unconventional way to use the supplies?
Assembling the Foam-core box